Cannon Park Shopping Centre Environmental Policy.
Cannon Park Shopping Centre is fully committed to helping protect the environmental recognising that the retail industry is a large consumer of natural resources and that it has responsibilities to the local community it serves and future generations.
The centre’s team is working on identifying all areas of its environmental impact, striving to minimise or avoid any negative impacts on the environment, wherever practicable.
The centre’s commitments include:
- Complying with all environmental legislation as a minimum standard.
- Assessing the impact of all its operations with relation to the environment.
- Reviewing and decreasing the energy consumption on site. 2015 has seen a 25% reduction of electricity consumption.
- To ensure all waste is disposed of in accordance with best practice and will to achieve ‘Zero’ to landfill in 2015.
- Encouraging suppliers, clients and contractors to comply with the centre’s environmental policy and to adopt similar standards themselves.
- Encouraging environmentally responsible behaviour throughout the work force.
This will be achieved by:
- Regularly reviewing all environmental impacts of the business and set targets to help minimise those impacts identified.
- To use energy saving technologies whenever possible.
- Incorporating the environmental objectives into all business decisions in a cost effective manner.
- Inspiring all employees to integrate environmentally responsible concepts into their normal working procedures.
Our Retailers are all doing their part as well. Tesco, Iceland, Wilkinson, Boots and all other leading national retailers, are all working to their own environmental policies that are market leading. Details can be found on their websites. Our local retailers work with us to help our local community.